Inspiration Mondays

  I’m starting a new type of blog post so keep an eye out each week for inspiration Mondays!
  Every Monday I’ll detail something or someone that inspires me in some way, sometimes the post will be all about the artist or individual, sometimes you’ll see examples of how it affects my work etc.  This week it’s a big one, Ansel Adams!!  Now, I will be the first to tell you that I am NOT a landscape photographer, if I can’t “talk to my subject, or them “talk” to me I’m in trouble.  I’ve worked with people with disabilities  that have prevented the physical talk from happening but we worked it out and it was AMAZING.  Landscapes and I don’t speak the same language though…
   I’m trying to learn, but a new language is daunting!  So I have always marveled at the way Ansel (yes, we are on a first name basis!) was able to take you to these locations and give you such a sense of being there even though his most famous images are in black and white.  His images of Yosemite and Yellowstone have entranced me since my youth.
  Enjoy this gem! the Tetons of Yellowstone
  Not only was his composition and sense of timing perfect, but he developed the zone system (along with Fred Archer) for exposing images correctly, and printing.  Don’t get me wrong I don’t refer to the zone system during the hectic wedding day, but it is always there to guide me to what to look for in an exposure and processing for the final prints.  This latest maternity image of Katya in her last weeks of pregnancy was converted to black and white with special attention to the 11 zones the masters above worked out years ago…
IMG_6716-Edit
Feel free to share your thoughts regarding the image or the inspiration in the comments below.  Thank you all…