I left the camera at home...

I love fireworks!! Although as a youngster I had my time with bottle-rockets, firecrackers, saturn rockets, and roman candles, right now I'm talking about BIG displays... Like Roanoke Times' display at River's Edge. WOW!! Did you see it? It was amazing, this year's display was by far the best I've ever seen from the Roanoke Times. Starting with a remarkable "low-flying" dispaly with showers of sparks, turrets of fast firing rockets, and lots of "ooohs" and "ahhhs", followed up with a large, extremely colorful, well choreographed, big-bang, high shootin', display.

Oh, by the way, I didn't forget the camera, I left it at home. I had fun with my wife, son, and family enjoying the show, celebrating our freedoms, remembering those who protect it, and loving life. Next year we'll have an army of cameras, tripods, and enthusiasts to capture the display...

Here's a couple of images from a few years ago...